[aprssig] SSID for RF only Station with backup power

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Apr 10 12:50:07 EDT 2007

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007, Robert Bruninga wrote:

> Actually, the APRS Overlay concept is pretty much a 3 tier
> system.

Sure, I'll give you that, but it's not the same sort of system.

The military system starts with very coarse categories.  The 2nd
tier is a finer-resolution version of the 1st-tier category, and so
on through further tiers.  Any given system can stop implementation
at any tier and still display useful data.

The APRS system of symbols is different from this:  Your '/' and '\'
tables of symbols are _together_ the first tier, and the overlays
are the second.  Then there are no more.  It's not as expandable
plus doesn't give as much detail.