[aprssig] SSID for RF only Station with backup power

Joel Maslak jmaslak-aprs at antelope.net
Tue Apr 10 03:07:04 EDT 2007

On Apr 9, 2007, at 10:50 PM, Scott Miller wrote:

> This is why, in the OpenTRAC spec, I proposed a hierarchy.  I don't
> have the
> list in front of me, but a bike might be something like 1.2.4 (land,
> vehicle, bicycle) and a recumbent might be 1.2.4.1.  The advantage
> is that
> you don't need all 60,000 icons - you can still tell what something
> is as
> long as you know the basic category.

Oh, an OID.  Yes, that could work, if you could get someone to agree
to be authoritative (you need to avoid collisions - OIDs do this by
assigning each organization a second level identifier that is unique,
but I don't think that would be what we'd want).

Well, let's see if I can get back to bed (we're having weather I
don't even think I can give a name for - sleet, thunder, wind).