[aprssig] SSID for RF only Station with backup power

Doug Younker dougy at ruraltel.net
Mon Apr 9 21:29:48 EDT 2007

By indefinite, you mean unlimited, I'm not so sure there is a need to ID
a station as such.  This not at all like a FM repeater operating on a
limit amount of battery back power, alerting the users of that fact, so
they keep the use of the repeater to only essential traffic or use
simplex as much as possible. Can only be useful if those stations with a
limited amount of back up power ID themselves as such, and the APRS
users users adjust their parameters to use the station with unlimited
backup power first, conserving the power of the station with a limited
amount of back up power.  Just in case that station with unlimited
becomes limited itself non existent. :) Instead of cluttering up the
map, can a text bulletin be sent reminding locals and informing visitors
of the situation?
Doug, N0LKK