[aprssig] SDG-2 aloft now!

Robert Rochte rochte at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 22:55:41 EDT 2007

Our second superpressure balloon, SDG-2, is now aloft!  This mission has
been one of many mishaps and miscalculations - the balloon just impacted a
brick wall, for instance, on the way out of here...

No telling what will happen with this flight...  The free lift is very low
(I had to perform surgery on the payload and remove a battery pack to get it
off the ground) and the envelope likely has holes now - so it might be a
quick up and down flight.  Maybe it will pop due to the abrasions, maybe it
will just slowly leak.  Your guess is as good as mine.

At any rate, it's flying now...  Same call sign as always, KC8UCH-11.

73,
Robert