[aprssig] "Yellow" Trader Sheets

Alan P. Biddle APBIDDLE at MAILAPS.ORG
Sat Sep 30 11:11:52 EDT 2006

The Yellow Sheets folded in 1999:

Ham Trader Yellow Sheets QRT: After 38 years in business, the Ham Trader
Yellow Sheets will cease publication. The twice-monthly classified
publication is being absorbed into the Amateur Radio Trader, according to an
announcement in the last edition of the Yellow Sheets. "It has been
increasingly difficult to continue to provide the reliability and low cost
that we always have in the past," said a statement from Founder and Editor
Al Brand, and Publishers Dave and Barbara Brand Wixon. Yellow Sheets
subscribers will automatically get an Amateur Radio Trader subscription,
while the subscriptions of ART subscribers who also subscribed to the Yellow
Sheets will be extended. Amateur Radio Trader of Crossville, Tennessee, is
published by TAP Publishing.

Amateur Radio Trader in turn folded in 2001:

Amateur Radio Trader calls it quits: Amateur Radio Trader magazine--which
called itself "the ham radio marketplace"--is ceasing publication with its
second November issue, which went out to subscribers November 20. "This was
a difficult but necessary decision, due to the combined effects of the
Internet on our print edition (the primary source of our Web content), and
the economic climate," said the magazine's editor Barbara Patterson, KF4MVV,
in a statement on the Amateur Radio Trader Web site. "ART is no longer a
viable product for us. We are redirecting the company's resources into other
areas." Patterson told ARRL that the Amateur Radio Trader Web site also
would be discontinued and that subscribers would be reimbursed for any
outstanding issues. She said TAP Publishing Company, which owns the
twice-monthly listing of classified ads, had decided to put its energies
into other areas. TAP also publishes Trade-a-Plane--aimed at general
aviation enthusiasts, as well as Rock and Dirt--a heavy equipment trader
published in English and Spanish--and Trade Quip, aimed at the oil and gas
industry. In her announcement, Patterson apologized for any inconvenience
and said the second November issue of ART would remain posted on the ART Web
site through December 9. "Thank you for your support," her notice concluded.
"We have enjoyed serving you, and we wish you continued good luck with your
ham radio interests."

Both quotes from the ARRL web site.

Alan
WA4SCA