[aprssig] Icom IC-2200H data Jack

John Habbinga kc5zrq at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 23:19:28 EDT 2006

The data jack on the IC-2200H is for use with D-STAR low-speed data.
It is not an audio in/out connection.  If your radio is equipped with
the UT-118 D-STAR module, then you can use it to communicate digitally
(both data and voice) with another D-STAR equipped radio.

For AX.25 packet/APRS you will need to use the speaker output and the
microphone input.

On 9/26/06, John Galvin <jrgalvin2 at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Rich,
>  Check through these diagrams.  I would think it connects like a 2100.
>
>  73, John
>
> http://www.packetradio.com/cgi-bin/shopper.cgi?keywords=icom&search.x=55&search.y=10&search=action
>

>  At 20:38 9/26/2006, you wrote:
>
> Hi!
>  I picked up an Icom IC-2200H on sale to replace my aging Kenwood TM-251 for
> my APRS weather station but am a little confused on the data jack. Could
> someone tell me which pins I use on the DB-9 that connects to the Kantronics
> KPC-3+?
>
>  Thanks and 73
>  Rich
>
>  Rich Casey