[aprssig] New EU final summary...?

John Ronan jronan at tssg.org
Fri Sep 22 05:23:25 EDT 2006

On 22 Sep 2006, at 08:12, Andy Pritchard wrote:

> Hi Bob
>
> I disagree with your conclusion
>
> The path of least resistance is always the most efficient to get
> something done. So in simple terms all Europe needs to do is
> disable WIDE and WIDEn-n in line with the following guidelines
>
> http://www.apritch.myby.co.uk/uiview_neweu.htm
>

> Andy, M0CYP - Telford
> http://www.apritch.myby.co.uk/uiview.htm
> http://www.apritch.myby.co.uk/radioprop.htm
Afternoon,

For what its worth, in the South East of Ireland, we are using WIDEn-
n, recommended for Mobile stations is WIDE1-1, WIDE2-1. RELAY was
deprecated about a year ago, and I don't think we support it
anymore.  When we replace the UI-DIGI nodes with Scott N1VG's OT2s,
then RELAY will be a long distant memory.

Regards
de John
EI7IG
--