[aprssig] RE: New EU Paradigm also Uiview32 and New-N for the USA

Ron Stordahl ron.stordahl at digikey.com
Thu Sep 21 13:55:45 EDT 2006

Here is the pertinent section of the Uiview32.ini file for digipeating
which I believe is in accordance with the New-N Paradigm for the USA:

[DIGI_OPTIONS]
DIGI_ENABLED=TRUE
UI_ONLY=FALSE
ALIAS_SUBSTITUTION=TRUE
DUPE_SUPPESS_SECONDS=30
ALIAS=N5IN-4,WIDE4-4,WIDE4-3,WIDE4-2,WIDE4-1,WIDE5-5,WIDE5-4,WIDE5-3,WIDE5-2,WIDE5-1,WIDE6-6,WIDE6-5,WIDE6-4,WIDE6-3,WIDE6-2,WIDE6-1,WIDE7-7,WIDE7-6,WIDE7-5,WIDE7-4,WIDE7-3,WIDE7-2,WIDE7-1
UIFLOOD=MN
UITRACE=WIDE
WIDEN-N=TRUE
TRACEN-N=TRUE
SUBST_ALIAS=N5IN-4
EXCLUDED=""
[DIGI_ROUTES]
1=""
2=2
3=""
4=""
5=""
6=""
7=""
8=""
9=""
10=""
11=""
12=""
13=""
14=""
15=""
16=""

This configuration allows up to WIDE3-3.  It will digipeat (and
decrement) WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2 and (unfortunately perhaps) also
WIDE1-1,WIDE3-3.  WideN-n is traced.  In this case SS is MN (Minnesota).

If someone believe this configuration is incorrect I would like to
know.  Perhaps column width issues with e-mail will mess up this info
above.  I could attach the entire Uiview32.ini file or better yet, those
who want to see it can pick it up here:

http://dxspots.com/uiview32.ini

Ron, N5IN