[aprssig] Inexpensive Deviation Meter

Glenn Wiebe ve4gn at mts.net
Wed Sep 20 23:46:54 EDT 2006

Another way is to use a scanner and a scope. In my case I installed a
jack in my old RS scanner connected between the top of the volume
control and ground. That way the output is not affected by the setting
of the control. To use it, monitor a station thought to be reasonably
close in deviation (someone suggested a police station) and note the
signal level on the scope. Now set your equipment to the same level.
Two way radio shops have FM signal generators/service monitors that
would be ideal for calibrating a scanner/scope combo, perhaps you know
someone that would do it for you. I wish I did.

73 de Glenn...VE4GN