[aprssig] New Kenwood radio?

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Tue Sep 19 12:10:16 EDT 2006

On Sep 19, 2006, at 11:02 AM, Robert Bruninga wrote:

> Can  you fill in the details of how this works?
> There has to be a "maping" of APRS symbols to Garmin
> Symbols or something.  Where does that take place?

Scott wrote it, so he knows all the details, but he's basically mapped
an APRS station type to either one of the standard Garmin symbols or
one of the custom symbols, depending on which mode you're using.  For
example, the default Garmin "truck stop" symbol is a fron view of an 18
wheeler, and a station using the APRS "truck" symbol shows up that way.
  Likewise, a digipeater shows up as a Garmin radio tower icon, a home
station shows up as a house, IIRC.

If Scott doesn't have any examples, maybe I'll set the rig up at home
and try to capture a few screen shots tonight.

-Jason
kg4wsv