[aprssig] APRS Link

John Habbinga kc5zrq at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 19:05:57 EDT 2006

It is inefficient when used with APRS using AX.25 and digipeaters, but
it is efficient when used with D-STAR to communicate directly with the
I-Gate.

How would I connect to a TELpac node and do email directly if I'm not
connected to the Internet or I don't have packet radio capabilities?

I may have a PC to run UI-View32, but I don't have it connected to the Internet.

As far as someone writing a plug-in that would work with UI-View32 to
improve the readablity of APRSLink email, it could be designed to only
work with D-STAR since all D-STAR traffic inserts "DSTAR*" as if it
had been passed by a digipeater.

--
John Habbinga, KC5ZRQ
Lubbock, Texas