[aprssig] Path Loss

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Sep 11 20:05:57 EDT 2006

> While path loss between 2 and 440 is 9db, you can pick up
> some of the loss with antenna gain and a lower noise floor on
> 440.

Very true, but note that the 9 dB applies to OMNI antennas,
Which by definition have no gain.  As soon as you add
"gain" then you loose omni coverage which is what we need
for the Satellite to Mobile service I am suggesting.

Also true that there is a lower noise, so the actual difference
Might only be 6 dB or so?  But that is a factor of 4 on
Spacecraft power...

Bob, WB4APR