[aprssig] Recommended IGate Connection

Cap Pennell cap at cruzio.com
Mon Sep 11 17:46:05 EDT 2006

I was going to suggest that just like using WIDE2-1 you could use "SSn-N" ,
"SS"1-1 (WY1-1 in WYoming), for that one digi hop without tripping any
fill-in digis.  But that would trip the digi on top of the very tall
mountain (you mentioned) too.

The fill-in digis operate WIDE1-1 ONLY and their own MYcall, but don't
operate any "SSn-N".

Often, a _little bit_ of redundancy can be worthwhile.  Using a named digi's
MYcall is fine until that particular digi goes down.
73, Cap