[aprssig] Recommended IGate Connection

Eric Goforth eric at goforthtech.com
Mon Sep 11 00:12:53 EDT 2006

Hi Joel;

If all you want to do is message traffic, i would connect to the Message only port of the server.  If you are also wanting to do position reports then you have to consider how much traffic your network connection (or how much you willing to give up) can handle.  Port 23 is the entire network, world-wide.  That's a lot.  If you think your users would apprecieate getting msg traffic from Africa (for example), then you kind of have to do that.  However, I have my iGate only connecting to North America traffic only and it serves my community very well.

Just my opinion and I'm sure your going to get a lot of them here..  ;-)

73's
Eric J. Goforth, N6GOF