[aprssig] Yaesu Memorizer FT-227R manual?

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Sun Sep 10 19:25:33 EDT 2006

Does anyone know where a copy of the manual Yeasu Memorizer FT-227R
can be found online?

I recently acquired one, and I'm trying to set one up for APRS.  My
specific questions at this point are what is the pinout for the
accessory port, and where is the memory backup battery located
(assuming it has one)?

I'm assuming it should remember the frequency even when powered down.

A session with the meter and the cover off leads me to believe the
accessory port pinout is:

1 - RX audio back in to speaker/speaker jack
2 - TX audio in
3 - PTT
4- RX audio out
5 - switched +V to power accessory

It looks like a really nice old rig, especially the power for the
accessory - I can run a single cable into the TNC for power and radio
connections, and a second RS232 cable out to the computer.  I like
clean installations!

I know this is a bit OT, but I'm trying to set it up for APRS use...

thanks,
Jason
kg4wsv