[aprssig] Arizona Heat/Electronic Equipment

kb2scs at optonline.net kb2scs at optonline.net
Mon Sep 4 20:38:25 EDT 2006

Hi Gary
            I will be all over Arizona. From Tucson to the Grand
Canyon. After the DCC I will be doing the National Parks thing.

Thanks Alan for the extended forecast if that is correct then even
90's will not be much different than Long Island in the summer time.

I was of course worried of the 110 and higher tempertures.

On 4 Sep 2006 at 10:17, J. Gary Bender, WS5N wrote:

> What part of Arizona?  It is a pretty big state.  I am about 30 miles from the Arizona stateline and I am considering turning my heater pilot light back on.  I have been using the heater in the car more than the a/c lately.  Once you get into the higher elevations, Arizona can cool off quite a bit.
>
> I have spent time in Las Vegas, NV, in 110 degrees.  I never
worried about the gear in the car.  Never had a problem with it.
Sometimes an LCD display will darken, but it recovers,  If it doesn't
look like rain, leave a window cracked open.  Makes it nicer for
humans, too, when you return to the car.  Get a sun reflector to put
in the windshield when parked in the sun.  I am not sure it keeps the
interior that much cooler, but it prevents a hot steering wheel and
shades LCD panels.
> --
> J. Gary Bender, WS5N
> Fence Lake, New Mexico  USA

Let us hope we never witness the "Silence Of The Hams"
73 DE John  KB2SCS
       E-Mail:            kb2scs at arrl.net
       APRS-SCS     http://www.tapr.org/~kb2scs
       Web Page:     http://www.qsl.net/kb2scs