[aprssig] *** TNC Test CD Update - Mirror Server Now Available ***

Gregg Wonderly gregg at wonderly.org
Tue Oct 31 15:01:06 EST 2006

Steve Huston wrote:
> On 10/31/2006 12:20 PM, Gregg Wonderly wrote:
>
>>>Might be easier to have the .wav or .aiff files posted separately for
>>>download.
>>
>>I missed the dual mode part of the image discussion.  I was thinking
>>that there would be mp3s on the disk to play as files.
>

> I don't remember enough about the MP3 algorithm, except that it's
> definitely a lossy compression - I don't know how that would work for an
> audio data stream, might mess things up enough to skew the results.
>
> Though, FLAC is lossless, but even less things can play that.

Yes, man my mind is numb or something, I should go sit in a corner.  Okay, a
lossless audio recording would be necessary, not MP3.  There are several to
select from.  The files could be on there in a lossless format as audio files to
click on, in addition to the disk being multi-mode.

Gregg Wonderly
W5GGW