[aprssig] *** TNC Test CD Update - Mirror Server Now Available ***

Gregg Wonderly gregg at wonderly.org
Tue Oct 31 09:50:30 EST 2006

Christopher T. Day wrote:
> I have had no luck burning the Nero version. The file sizes match
> exactly what you listed, but when I try to burn the CD, I don't seem to
> have any audio tracks and the _READme.htm file on the CD is entirely
> unprintable characters. I'm using Nero Burning ROM v 7.5.7.0, downloaded
> today. Is anyone else having this problem?

I've generally had the best luck imaging CDs with the RAW .iso image.  It is
trivial to create such images on Linux by just copying /dev/cdrom to
somefile.iso.  Once you have such an image, the 'cdrpack' project includes all
of the linux cd burning tools such as mkiso and cdrecord.

http://www.nu2.nu/download.php?sFile=cdrpack13.zip

You probably also need to put wnaspi32.dll in the 'bin' directory of that
structure.  The documentation on that site (www.nu2.nu) is extensive regarding
CD burning and bootable CDs.

Gregg Wonderly
W5GGW