[aprssig] *** TNC Test CD Update - Mirror Server Now Available ***

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Mon Oct 30 22:39:45 EST 2006

mwrobertson at comcast.net wrote:
> I am wondering if doing the conversion, then zipping the file has
> caused links to something or other to be broken. I have downloaded
> many iso files, never had any issues..
>
> Can zipping a cif or nrg file break something, Has this been done
> before Scott..

NO.  ZIP comression is a lossless file compression format.

 I tested the files roundtrip.   I  uploaded the original CIF file to my
own wa8lmf.net server.  Then Scott downloaded it to his server, added my
readme (which I created as an afterthought addition to the ZIP archive)
and then re-uploaded to his server.

I then downloaded all 540MB  from his server back to my PC, opened it
and made a disk to verify everything was perfect before announcing the
CD on the various mailing lists today.

The issue is as I explained in my previous post.  The mixed-mode CD
autoruns the file display of the CD-ROM part but DOES NOT start playing
the audio part automatically.  You have to launch it with the audio CD
player applet in the Windows Entertainment group to make the audio play.