[aprssig] Official pronunciation of APRS?

scott at opentrac.org scott at opentrac.org
Sun Oct 29 22:36:31 EST 2006

>From an efficiency standpoint, I'd say the 'apers' pronunciation is the
clear winner.  Two syllables vs. four - except maybe in places like Texas.
They can make 'yes' into a two-syllable word down there.  =]  Better
compatibility, too.  It's a lot easier to pronounce WinAPRS and APRSWorld
that way.

Either way doesn't really bother me much.  Now, if you go pronouncing .GIF
with a hard 'g' (like 'gift'), that DOES bother me.  =]

Scott
N1VG