[aprssig] Radar images...

Mike Heskett mheskett at mindspring.com
Wed Oct 25 20:18:44 EDT 2006

At 06:23 PM 10/25/2006, you wrote:
>At least I know people are using the system. I checked my email for
>the first time in three hours and got a dozen messages telling me the
>NEXRAD images were no longer working on findU. It appears NOAA
>stopped serving pages on srh.noaa.gov, switching the name to
>srh.weather.gov. Rather than editing 154 geo files (three places on
>each of two servers, 900 files total), I put in a kludge to do the
>switch in the radar-find cgi. This will work for the way most of the
>radar images are served, but things that use the geo file directly
>will be broken until I get around to sed'ing the geo files.
>
>Steve K4HG

There was also the following problem this afternoon:

...INTERNET CONNECTION TO THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IS DOWN...

ALL EXTERNAL INTERNET CONNECTIVITY TO NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE
OFFICES WITHIN THE SOUTHERN REGION HAS BEEN LOST DUE TO A
CUT FIBER OPTICS LINE. TELEPHONE COMPANY TECHNICIANS ARE WORKING ON
THE PROBLEM...

Mike Heskett
WB5QLD  WWW
<http://mheskett.home.mindspring.com/>http://mheskett.home.mindspring.com/