[aprssig] Too many digi's ?

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Oct 25 16:21:03 EDT 2006

> The TN digi in question is a "T" overlay.  It's so old, the
> TNC needs to be replaced to get up ot standard.

But an old "T" digi can be set to at least some compatibility
as-is.  IT can be set with the four aliases of WIDE1-1, WIDE2-2,
WIDE2-1, and WIDE3-3 and it will at least support the first hop
of everyone in the footprint.  And being high up, that is a lot
of coverage I think.  But if no one remembers the remote-sysop
password and has to go up the mountain anyway, then I agree,
replacement is the best strategy.

But if there is remote sysop capability, then it can be fixed
today to be quasi compatible with the new-N paradigm as is.
Then it gets a "P" overlay to show its new capability.  The full
discussion on upgrading an old "T" PacComm digi is found in:

http://cadigweb.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/aprs/PacComm-settings.txt

De Wb4APR, Bob

See the web page