[aprssig] Too many digi's ?

William McKeehan mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net
Tue Oct 24 15:07:07 EDT 2006

I happen to agree with you - except for the small point that the cove mountain
digi does not support WIDEn-N. A new digi is expected to go up in the same (or
nearly the same) location soon (it was up for testing this weekend, but had
some non-APRS related issues and was removed for further work). This new digi
will respond to WIDEn-N.

There is also a new WIDEn-N digi North of Knoxville, in North Anderson County
(W4ACA) that provides coverage to the North where the cove mountain digi was
dropping off. This digi provides a good link up into KY from the Knoxville
area. I'm in favor of this digi remaining in place and acting as a WIDEn-N
digi.

You say that "everyone" should be fill-ins...do you think that all stations
should be fill-ins or just as necessary? These are the ones that I would like
to see reduced in number.