[aprssig] TH-D7 and Megellan Meridian Color...

Jeffrey P. Nast jpnast at frontiernet.net
Mon Oct 16 00:13:09 EDT 2006

After our local club meeting last week I had a gent ask me to help him
set up his GPS to work on his D7. I tried some combinations of the setup
to no avail. I didn't spend too much time on it because it was snowing
that evening and I wanted to get home before it got worse. I told him
I'd do some further research, but I'm not coming up with much. Perhaps
there is someone else out there with this setup:

* Kenwood TH-D7
    - NMEA96
* Megellan Meridian Color GPS
    - NMEA Options:
       o v1.5 APA
       o v1.5 XTE
       o v2.1 GSA
    - Speed
       o 9600

Which one of the NMEA should I use? Since he is using a gender bender
between the radio and GPS, I'm not sure if his serial cable is correct
either. I'm hoping to be able to at least have the correct options
selected before looking at his serial cable. Or is this GPS incompatible
with the D7?

Thank you!

-Jeff Nast
KC0MKS