[aprssig] UI-VIEW RIGBLASTER NOMIC

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Fri Oct 13 15:47:27 EDT 2006

julien9z4fz at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi good day i am looking for some help i am running ui-view and i am
> trying to hook up my tm-d700a radio to my pc with ui-view,i am only
> seeing the tm-d700a key down .
>
> I  check the nomic set up it is ok for the radio,but why i am seeing
> on air the radio is key down .i want to set up a gate way with ui-view
> and kenwood radio tm-d700a,any help will be welcome
>
> --

You don't need the Rigblaster at all; it is irrelevant to the D700
setup.  The Kenwood already has a TNC in it!   You need to bring serial
data out of the radio directly to the computer's serial port, not audio
to the PC's sound card.

The Rigblaster (or any other "soundcard interface") IS NOT a TNC or
modem. No data comes out of the serial port on the Rigblaster.   Remove
the Rigblaster and connect the Kenwood's DB9 serial port directly to the
PC's serial port with a straight-thru (not a null-modem cross-over
cable) serial cable, and select the D700 option in the UIview "Setup,
Comms" menu.

--

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.com