[aprssig] Marathon support with APRS

William McKeehan mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net
Wed Oct 11 08:38:07 EDT 2006

It sounds like you used APRS for foot races much the same way that I have used
it for bicycle events.

However, with the foot races that I have been involved with, there have been
little to no "support crews" that were mobile on the course, so there has not
been much to track. We did trail the lead runner and last runner, but I was
looking to see if there was more to track.

Thanks for the ideas...I'll shake some trees and see if I can find some other
things moving on the course to put trackers on.