[aprssig] Mic-E STATUS refresh and bad software?

kb2scs at optonline.net kb2scs at optonline.net
Tue Oct 10 22:32:57 EDT 2006

Hi All
           aprs_scs has it own Status page. Each received Status for
each station it stored there. Each stations Status is stored there
until a new status is received from that station.

Just like APRSdos does it.

> On Mon, 9 Oct 2006, Bob Bruninga  wrote:
>
> > SOME software will ELIMINATE a STATUS if the next posit comes in
without it.  It is not captured and RETAINED
> > like it is supposed to be.  I am sometimes hesitant to set my
STATUS rate to seomehing link only 1 in five, because I am not sure
if it will be captured.

> > Lets do some experimentation and identify the bad apples:
> > 1) FINDU does not even capture STAUTS, so that is a biggie!
> > 2) What do the other softwares do?

Let us hope we never witness the "Silence Of The Hams"
73 DE John  KB2SCS
       E-Mail:            kb2scs at arrl.net
       APRS-SCS     http://www.tapr.org/~kb2scs
       Web Page:     http://www.qsl.net/kb2scs