[aprssig] Mic-E STATUS refresh and bad software?

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Oct 9 15:37:09 EDT 2006

> Lets do some experimentation and identify the [status
> problems]:
> 1) FINDU does not even capture STATUS, so that is a biggie!
> 2) What do the other softwares do?

> It does, at least for the mapping display - not for WX.
> See http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?n1vg-2 and

Scott,
Are you talking about the raw packet display at the top of the  screen?  Yes, it does display the RAW packet, but it does not parse out and save the STATUS portion.  So if the next raw packet comes in without a STATUS (to save bandwidth)
then FINDU has no copy of the previous STATUS.

I could be wrong, but that is the way it used to be...
My understanding was that FINDU does not even parse nor retain STATUS.  Since STATUS is one of only 3 fundamental APRS packet types, I always thought that was a big shortcoming.

de Wb4APR, Bob