[aprssig] 9600b UHF APRS IS THE FUTURE OF APRS

Chuck Gooden cgooden at insightbb.com
Sun Oct 8 16:45:08 EDT 2006

Personally, I rather would not have the FCC declare anything of the
sort.  This would be akin to their decision to give away the 220 Mhz
band and it would kill APRS and possibly Amateur radio.  The FCC
decision to mandate HDTV broadcasting by 2009 only forced the TV
stations to purchase new equipment and is forcing consumer to purchase
new tv's too and for what?  All I see on TV is a bunch of crap.  The
gov't  had to mandate the V-Chip so parents would have some control over
the crap their kids can watch.

In the not too distant future you will be able to download any movie via
the Internet and all of the funds to purchase new HDTV's and
broadcasting equipment will go to waste.  Don't believe me,  Verizon is
rolling out optical connection to residences in some selected cities
now.  I would gladly pay for an optical connection to the Internet.