[aprssig] D7 and ITEM

Robbie, wa9inf mwrobertson at comcast.net
Sat Oct 7 16:21:34 EDT 2006

Chris,

Yes, in my experience, the D-7's decoder "stinks" and I think its
because, #1, it does not like less the perfect deviation from the
sending stations, and #2, it needs a good signal input. Your chances of
improvement is depent on the antenna you use. The shipped antenna is a
dummy load! I greatly improved my results by changing to a better
antenna with more capture length..

If you are using it mobile, get away from using any flexible springy
antenna.. The whipping around causes data loss in a heartbeat!

I haven't any experience in sending "ITEMS"

Good luck and let us know about your expeience in changing antennas... :-)

Robbie