[aprssig] AVRS & IRLP Status Update...

Eric Goforth eric at goforthtech.com
Sat Oct 7 12:25:38 EDT 2006

Hey All;

Just a quick note to all that the IRLP Database Manager updated the IRLP status database to include the "friendliness" of the node.  Here is a copy of the message I posted on the IRLP list a few minutes ago the details the change.  I will get the AVRS system updated today (maybe tomorrow... Honey Do's ya know...)

HELLO ALL!

Wow, Kent is a fast DB Maestro!

He and I agreed on the status characters for AVRS and as fast as you can shake a stick, he had it implemented!  Here they are and you can now see the changes on the Status Page.

O = Open.  Anyone can use it. There is no pre-access code.  Tune the freq and go.
A = Assisted.  Maybe you need a pre-access code, or a local operator will actually do the connect for you, etc.  It's open and available but you can't do it by yourself.
C = Closed.  Don't even bother.  If your not family or close friends, it is off limits... etc...
U = Unknown.  Status unknown.  This would probably be the default.  You can try it but don't be surprised if someone tells you to get lost.

Right now everyone is status U so all owners should try to update their status if they can.  U nodes will still be used in AVRS but O & A nodes will take priority...

The AVRS system will be updated to now exclude Closed systems and specify if it is an Open or Assisted system.  That should be done sometime today...