[aprssig] D700 GPS connection

Rich Mulvey aprs at mulveyfamily.com
Mon Oct 2 19:03:52 EDT 2006

Ben Lindner wrote:
> Dont most radios these days come with a auto timer off.
>
> What I do is run a second portable battery with 4 sockets on it ( 1
> for GPS the others for what you like) that is charged when the vehicle
> is running. These units are used in Australia by our Paramedics

   Auto power off is useful when you just have a radio to turn off, but
not so much when you have other equipment.  ;-)  ( Unless you happen to
have a radio that can feed other devices, of course.)  But APO doesn't
help when you want everything to automatically turn on again, once the
vehicle starts up later.

- Rich