[aprssig] Point-to-point telemetry addressing

Cap Pennell cap at cruzio.com
Fri Nov 24 22:00:54 EST 2006

Michael, your neighborhood has a lot of mis-configured stations and
digipeaters, and stations with obsolete settings.  It's a shame that their
settings haven't been optimized because it makes using the VHF network more
difficult and because it makes understanding how that network is operating
more difficult too.

Although the KB2FAF-10 IGate is porting what it hears on VHF into APRS-IS
(Internet Stream), there's no indication that KB2FAF-10 does any
_transmitting_ on VHF.  I'd suggest trying to digipeat through the nearby
KB2LUV-1 station instead of KB2FAF-10.
So then,
W9IP-1's path to W9IP-2 would be APRS,K2AMB-3,KB7LUV-1
and
W9IP-2's path to W9IP-1 would be APRS,KB7LUV-1,K2AMB-3 or maybe simply
APRS,K2AMB-3 would work.

A couple of points.
Michael, your W9IP-1 position shows as being in an exactly the same location
as K2AMB-3 and W9IP-1's map symbol shows as an obsolete type of digipeater
too, but W9IP-2 is not producing a valid position packet at all.
RELAY and WIDE and TRACE are long obsolete (at least in North America).
Courteous modern routine (generic) digipath, Base:WIDE2-2
Mobile:WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 .

73, Cap KE6AFE