[aprssig] GPS recommendation

K7RJR John k7rjr at cox.net
Fri Nov 24 13:25:22 EST 2006

I just found out that I will be receiving a new GPS for Christmas.  I
presently have 2 hockey puck type GPSs and a 9 year old Eagle hand held
but would like to use one of the new mapping GPSs that provide route
information, preferably  one with voice guidance.  Such as the Magellan
Roadmate 2000, Tom Tom,  Garmin 300+, etc.  I'll be using a D-700 and
want to use the GPS to show the received stations' icons on the map
screen.

I've been searching the web and can't find anything to indicate this
will be possible with the newest devices.  Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks.

John, K7RJR