[aprssig] WinAPRS to work with an MFJ 1278 tnc

Chris Bouck cbouck01 at twcny.rr.com
Thu Nov 23 11:13:55 EST 2006

Does anyone know how to get WinAPRS to work with an MFJ 1278 tnc? I am
running Win 98SEand WinAPRS ver 2.75. I see stations on the screen, but when
I try to send a message, the tnc sends and radio seems to transmit, but when
I listen with another spare 2 meter rig on 144.390 - there is no packet
burst? What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions would be appreciated?  Please
contact me at: cbouck01 at twcny.rr.com

Thank you and 73

Christopher L. Bouck, KB4CMF
Past President, Ft Herkimer Amateur Radio Association, Inc.
Treasurer FHARA
Assistant Emergency Coordinator for Operations (ARES)
Official Emergency Station

SFC US Army / PO2 US Navy (Ret)
Director, Herkimer County Veterans' Service Agency
Accredited Representative for the American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of
America, and the VFW
            _\|/_
            (o o)