[aprssig] San Diego Path Settings??

Dave Aronovitz k1lpi at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 19 15:06:17 EST 2006

de K1LPI-1,

Any one on the list using APRS in San Diego? It too me several days of beaconing to get into the system. Only one packet and report reached FindU and none since. I am at N32 47.79, W 117 13.67. Mission Bay at Campland.

I have tried wide1-1, wide2-2, and now trying relay,wide1-1,wide2-2. Hearing very few packets on the frequency. Running 5 watts and a KenwoodTH-D7A.

Also tried running higher power with an amp. However, I wonder if the delay on keying up drops bits? Is there a way to give a delay to the kenwood before the first packet is sent?

73 de K1LPI-1

K1LPI's Little House on the Highway

K1LPI's Little House on the Highway
cell 408 307-2831, please leave voicemail
Please update address books to k1lpi at yahoo.com
http://mail.yahoo.com