[aprssig] transceiver for APRS?

kc9umr at freqradio.com kc9umr at freqradio.com
Thu Nov 16 08:26:12 EST 2006

If it's an APRS specific radio, how important is frequency agility?
something that's computer configuarable (maybe the firmware defaults to
144.390 as a frequency, but you can re-configure it to default wherever
you want) for standalone/tracker applications, and computer controllable
for applications where you want that capability (home / "experimentation"
applications).

Having a Tiny Trak type TNC (or a 2 way TNC, but something that's simple
to use and setup, don't need a LOT of features, really...) would be nice,
so all you need to do is configure it, plug in a GPS and antenna, and go.

Am i thinking too much of a D700 with no "bells and whistles"?  I guess
i'm thinking of something similar to a D700 with no dual band capability,
no fancy display....

just my 0.02.

73
Ken, KC9UMR