[aprssig] RE: VH-SJS Aeronautical mobile

Joe Della Barba joe at dellabarba.com
Fri Nov 10 08:34:53 EST 2006

Unless the airplane is experimental you will have issues with legally
making your own antenna. Antennas for airplanes that cover 2 meters are
commercially available for $. Cheaper is to get a "bent wire" VHF comm
antenna and trim it down some for 2 meters. 2 seconds work with a hacksaw :)
I get out quite well with a rubber duck suction-cupped to a window.
73
Joe
N3HGB-5 maritime mobile
N3HGB-7 aeronautical mobile