[aprssig] Re: Service monitors

Ian ZL1VFO zl1vfo at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Nov 1 03:45:30 EST 2006

An HP8920A is one of the things I get to use at work.

One quite useful function, if I could get it to go, is the ability to
print out to an attached serial (RS232) printer. However, as these are
somewhat rare these days, connecting it up to a PC to capture the
printed data is the next best option.

Does anyone know of a program / utility which can be run on a PC,
capture this serial data 'printed' by the HP8920A, and convert it to a
BMP / GIF / PNG or some other image file? Preferably without having to
cough up some $$, as I'm not sure how I'd be able to justify it to the
bosses (or rather accountants) at work...

-Ian ZL1VFO