[aprssig] Preparing for a long roadtrip - VA

A.J. Farmer (AJ3U) farmer.aj at gmail.com
Wed May 31 00:34:12 EDT 2006

I don't see the point in announcing that you are running Voice Alert
as part of your beacon or status text.  If you are set up for Voice
Alert, other people that are also running Voice Alert will hear you
when you are in range.  That is what it is designed to do.  People
that are not set up for Voice Alert probably do not know what it is
anyway, so VA, or VoA isn't going to help them.

I am 100% in favor of all mobiles running Voice Alert.  I just don't
see the point in announcing it as part of your status text.

--
A.J. Farmer, AJ3U
http://www.aj3u.com