[aprssig] Mt. Washington NH coverage?

JC jc at warwick.net
Tue May 30 09:01:57 EDT 2006

I'll be hiking up the SE side of Mt. Washington to Tuckermans Ravine
this week and I have been trying to find out if  my D7 tracker will be
heard. I'm helping with an avalanche course ( and going to due some
skiing) and some hams at home are interested in looking over my
shoulder.  I've tried to contact some APRS ops in the area but probably
not far enough in advance. Anyone know if there is any APRS coverage
there? Path that I should use other than the Wide2-2? I may try and use
my D700 mobile as a Digi if I can figure out the details. Although I
don't think it's location (down in the valley) will help much. Any
information will be greatly appreciated by me and the watchers.
Thanks,
Jim
KB2TZR