[aprssig] APRS spouse

Chris Rose kb8uih at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 29 20:12:33 EDT 2006

I would caution anyone who does this that if no one has any control over it and it malfunctions who can or will turn if off?  If the woman driving the car can't and it QRMs for any reason and can't be shut off, how is that curteous and keeping with our standard of having a control operator available to shut off a transmitter due to malfunction?  Repeaters have to have DTMF or telephone controls to turn them off.  I would think this tracker needs a shut off of some kind.  If that means the driver of the car, then so be it.

73,
Chris