[aprssig] TEMPn-N and callsign digipeating

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon May 29 10:13:59 EDT 2006

>If all of the TEMPn-N digi's are on 144.99, then when you
>transmit back out on 144.39, there will not be any digi's
>around to hear it, right?

I can clairfy things a little bit.  Remember, TEMPn-N can
be used anywhere a D700 is, usually this is on 144.39
where the D700's already are.  But if the channel is so
busy, that you need better reliability for messaging in
your special area, then ask the D700's supporting
your emergency to move to 144.99 if availble in your
area.  Then you get broader, multi-hop coverage
for your special event or emergency using the TEMPn-N
on its own low collision frequency, and all this without
having to reconfigure the D700's supporting the network.

Now, this NEW idea is to extend TEMPn-N support
to 144.99 (if available in your area) permanently
at some really good digi sites.  This then provides
some additional ready-to-go TEMPn-N very high
site support on a dedicated APRS emergency channel.
Only a few are needed.  Then D700's can augment
this for events and emergencys.  But again, I wouild
assume that special emergency traffic on 144.99
wouild stay there in that limited area so that it does
not have to suffer the collisions with 144.39
unattended stations.  But since the alt-input digis
are also on 144.99, then any traffic that needs
to go from the TEMPn-N nework over to the 39
network, can put a W1-1 as the gateway call.

Bob, Wb4APR

William McKeehan
KI4HDU
Internet: mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net
http://mckeehan.homeip.net

Leave the beaten track occasionally and dive into the woods.
Every time you do so you will be certain to find something that you have never
seen before.
     - Alexander Graham Bell