[aprssig] Packet errors

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri May 26 21:21:00 EDT 2006

Not only that, but an object has to have a time and a position too.
This packet has has nothing except the leading semicolon
that even remotely resembles an object report...
Bob

On May 26, 2006, at 8:48 AM, <rahammond at charter.net>
<rahammond at charter.net> wrote:

> One of our local digis, which was recently reconfigured, keeps
> turning up on Steve's packet error page. Can someone tell me what's
> causing the error so that we can make the appropriate changes?
>

> WY0F-15>BEACON,qAO,K0SUN-15:;LARC14676 UTICA,NE DIGI

 From the spec:

  The ; is the Data Type Identifier for an Object Report, and a *
separates the
Object name and the posit. The position may be in lat/long or compressed
lat/long format, it may be time stamped, and the report may also contain
Extended Data.

The * is not where it is supposed to be. findU's parser is rather
strict...

Steve K4HG