[aprssig] EB-432/PCSAT2/APRS Question

hasan schiers schiers at netins.net
Fri May 26 12:14:01 EDT 2006

Hi Keith,

Yep, early in the pass, tune the rx high (that's why I set 5 khz high when
unattended).

I was addressing the receive portion only, because he indicated he wasn't
decoding many packets. Of course, with a 2m uplink, you might find that
uplink doppler correction isn't needed for the vast majority of the pass. As
I recall the doppler at 2m is 1/3 that of 70cm (linear relationship to
frequency). In any case, I was only replying to the rx side, which on 70cm
requires doppler correction, or to get the largest number of available
packets, some judicious planning to minimize the doppler issue.

The easiest way to do this is to offset rx a bit on the high side of center,
and gather most of your packets from lower passes (glancing across the front
of your antenna instead of coming right at you). It has worked well for me,
but ymmv based on vegetation and obstruction losses which can be quite
significant at 70cm.

73,

...hasan, N0AN