[aprssig] motorcycle mobile tracker

David Odom dodom at mindspring.com
Tue May 23 19:25:16 EDT 2006

Hi Matt,
I like you travel quite a lot.  My son KG4RIP also travels.  I have settled
on W2-2 and 50 watts out on both our D-700's as the best.

I found that those digi's that still have relay in the path will not respond
to W1-1 and I do sometimes run across one of them.  I travel North Florida
up to South Carolina regularly and last summer went from South Carolina to
Birmingham and up to Saint Louis and on out into Kansas, back down through
Missouri, Arkansas and Mississippi to Florida then back home.  KG4RIP
travels Atlanta, Charlotte, Greensboro,  Raleigh-Durham and Richmond
regularly.

I agree it would be nice if everyone would get on the same page.  We have
digi up in the North Carolina mountains near Ashville that is still using
Relay and it causes me problems, but I love APRS and do the best I can with
the help I get.

Dave
W4VOR