[aprssig] D700A still relevant

Phillip B. Pacier ad6nh at arrl.net
Tue May 23 15:47:10 EDT 2006

neil.johnson at erudicon.com wrote:
> I'm looking at replacing my ancient dual band mobile (Yaseu 5200) with
> something new.
>
> Is it worth investing in a a D700 ? or am I better off buying a regular
> dual band radio, and an additional 2M rig for use with a TT3 ?
>
> -Neil
Depends on what you want to do with APRS.  Do you want to be able to
send messages from your radio without having to hook up a computer?  In
that case, you should go with the D700.  If you only want a "dumb"
tracker, per se, to track your position on findU or some other service
or software package, then use an old 2m rig and an OpenTracker.  -73

--
Phillip Pacier - AD6NH		APRS Tier 2 Coordinator
Sales Associate			Baker to Vegas Digital Coordinator