[aprssig] motorcycle mobile tracker

Eric Weber webmanou812 at yahoo.com
Sun May 21 01:46:21 EDT 2006

The pocket tracker just does not have enough power...
I'd use an HT....(Grab an old ht from a flea-market)
Just the 5 watt goose from the ht will surprise you.
I would also grab a Comet antenna...with either a
"trunk-lip" mount, or if you have the surface area, a
solid mount....
And I would also change my path to wide1-1,wide2-2...

You would still have the 3 total hops as the
wide3-3...

The "wide1-1" would be picked up by fill in (home)
digi's, and sent on it's way hopefully hitting another
digi, etc etc...

Good luck...
73's
Eric