[aprssig] New-N Paradigm Works!

Stan - N0YXV n0yxv at gihams.org
Sat May 20 14:52:56 EDT 2006

> The Lone Star State is a VERY large state. To generalize that
> stations in TX are not setup correctly is just simply wrong. The vast
> majority of the stations in the DFW Metroburbia have changed to the
> new paradigm.

Yes your correct. Sorry I've been way to general. I now stand
corrected..thank you.
I think what I'll do next is instead of emailing individual Sysops when I
find this old settings maybe I'll just post a short note on this list. That
way if you are the Sysop you get the message and if you know the Sysop the
message can get passed along.

What does the group think of posting notes when we find somebody using old
settings?

It's too bad that there isn't a clearing house of some sort. I mean what if
a requirement of APRS was that you HAD to subscribe to some email list
and/or list you email address in your beacon. Then there would be a
guaranteed way to get a hold of these people. As it stands the ability to
educate people is largly hit and miss with a lot of miss.

By the way even I'm not perfect I have a mobile (KPC3 tracker) that still
does RELAY (I think or was it WIDE?) ever 30 minutes or so. I did it as a
test and now I can't find my 9pin to 25pin serial cable to get it changed.
:-D Was trying to experiment with different strings at different times. Oh
well when I get the HamHUD built that will solve it and and for all. :-)