[aprssig] New-N Paradigm Works!

Brian Riley brianbr at mac.com
Thu May 18 12:37:08 EDT 2006

Most definitely.

  When I implemented it up here at N1BQ-3 which for all practical
purposes links the Montreal (PQ Canada) LAN to the Albany,
Dennis ,N2LBT, said he saw an immediate improvement in throughput in
the Albany area. there were a couple of dozen stations in the
Montreal LAN with obscenely abusive paths that were no longer being
passed South.  Within a short time  Dennis and company completed the
new paradigm shift in the vast network of the Albany LAN. What when I
went through there with a WIDE2-2 path, I was only hearing "My Beep"
2-3 times per posit as opposed to 4-6 times per posit before the
change and it appears that I had 100% print to the APRS-IS versus 80%
before.

It does work ... we may not be quite as dense as the MDDC area but it
was a major improvement for us.

cheers ... 73 de brian  riley,  n1bq , underhill center, vermont
  <http://www.wulfden.org/DiskShop.shtml>
    Home of the
       K107 LCD Controller Kit
       FT817 Power Conditioner Kit